Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Gita's Release

Gita was released yesterday afternoon. She has been in Rehab for almost one month.
She gained weight and was ready to go. When I went to release Her She flew out of the cage and Into the woods. It was very comforting to know that She will have another chance at the wild Life She deserves. I tried to get a snapshot or two, but She was just too quick to disappear. Now The Babies have at least 3 more weeks to go before their release.
Thanks to Andrea, who has allowed me to release Opossums on Her property way out in Sandy Mush, far from any roads, and with a nice pond for water.
Stay tuned for more updates.

2 comments:

- said...

I'm in Asheville & found 2 baby opossums last night. I'm not sure if they're big enough to make it on their own or not, they look to be about 4-5" not counting tails. Please let me know how to contact you for advice on how to help them as I'm worried for them since there are free roaming cats around. I'll catch them if need be, just want to make sure no harm comes to them! They look quite wobbly when walking. Any advice for me will be very appreciated. Your blog is great thanks for what you do!
Thanks, Harmony

Mel said...

I am in the same boat. Just found a very small baby on the sidewalk in Topsail Beach. We thought it was dead and went to remove it only to find it aline and covered in ants. Now what?